Can you think that Dogs can detect chronic diseases like cancer in the human body just by smelling? That’s true. Check out these 11 interesting and amazing facts about dogs you might have never heard.
Amazing Facts About Dogs
- The United States of America counts more dog owners than any other country in the world. Approximately 75.8 million Americans have a pet dog. There are about 400 million dogs in the world.
- The world’s oldest dog breed known is Saluki, They appear in ancient Egyptian tombs dating back to 2100 B.C.
- Scientists believe that the world’s first known dog lived 31,700 years ago. This prehistoric dog resembled a large Siberian Husky.
- Dogs are omnivores — they eat meat, grains, and vegetables.
- A dog’s average body temperature is 101.2 degrees.
- Obesity is the top health problem among dogs.
- Stray dogs in Russia have learned how to ride the complex subway system and get off at specific stops in search of food.
- Dogs can be trained to detect cancer and other chronic diseases in humans bodies. Cancerous cells release different metabolic waste products than healthy cells in the human body. Dogs may even be able to sniff out cancer cells simply through smelling someone’s breath.
- Labradors have been the most popular breed in the United States for the last 26 years.
As no two humans have the same fingerprints, no two dogs’ nose prints are alike.
- New puppies have heat sensors in their noses to help find their moms while their eyes and ears are closed.
- One unspayed female dog, her mate and their puppies can produce 67,000 puppies in six years.